Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Absolute Boredom.

Somebody's been telling me I'm on weed. I'm not naming names now, but its somebody. Whoa! I just sounded like Russell Peters' dad! :-O
I'm writing this out of pure boredom. I'm jobless, and I see myself being a bum, the kind that sleep on park benches and walk around with 3 days old food stains on their shirts. I also have a stray dog to live with and who'd be my partner in crime...or bummin'... I don't think I'd make much of a criminal, I'm slow, ungainly and very apologetic.
Pirkee is his name, by the way. The dog. It means Crazy/Lunatic/Psycho/Stark raving mad. Oh and he's lived up to his name. He was brought as a pet for a family who stayed close to where I live, but since I used to take care of a whole lotta strays at that time,I couldn;t take care of him,but, he wanted canine company and instantly forged friendships with all the other dogs I was taking care of. But the family who he belonged to wanted him back, seeing that their pet, supposed to be faithful and loyal and well trained, was loitering in compounds and chasing chickens and pigeons and killing squirrels.
We tried to shoo him back to where he came from. Believe me. But he never went away. So, I did what any self respecting person would do. I stopped trying. He was an absolute terror to begin with. He jumped really high in the air if he was excited [which made me think he was probably 1/1488th terrier] and try to catch my hair in his mouth. He killed chickens. And Pigeons. And Squirrels. And God knows what else.
He fought, and how. Arch nemesis- Lucky. Lucky is bigger stronger and homosexual-er. Venting his sexual frustration on Pirkee by very matter of factly humping him, is what triggered this life long hatred. Infact I'm convinced that that half of Pirkee's missing teeth are embedded in Lucky.
He's all of 8 years now, old and has no incisors. But if there's one thing I've learned from this stray dog, whose ancestry is such a complex mystery that a bunch of world renowned genticists and Sherlocks wouldn't be able to crack,is that no matter what happens in life you have to move on. His spirit and grit is absolutely amazing. He's gone through having all his canine companions die horrid deaths due to poisioning. He's lived through a million fights. He's sustained way too much physical abuse from people. But he's always held his head up high, always wagged his tail at the end of it all, always nudged the side of my leg with his head.
I have no idea what I'd do without this bumbling canine catastrophe. Truth is, I'm head over paws in love with him.

No comments: